StarlogV4 Release 94
Unidata has enhanced the Starlog V4 software with a new Neon configuration support tool to assist with the management of Neon Remote Terminals and Modules.
Other enhancements include:
- Neon Camera Module Support
- 6526G Starflow Instrument – Larger Memory Support
The latest Starlog 4 manual can be downloaded here
Starlog Version 4 (Build 94)
Windows Vista / Windows 7 installations require Starlog V4 to be installed in any other directory besides "Program Files", if it is installed under "Program Files" it will not work.
StarlogV4 Installation on Windows Vista / Windows 7
Uninstall any instance of Starlog4 that you already have on your PC. Then,
- Download and install DOSBOX 0.74
- Download and double click on the DOSBOX_0.74.reg 32bit or the DOSBOX_0.74.reg 64bit file to update your registry to tell Starlog V4 to run inside the virtual DOSBOX.
- Create the C:\StarlogV4 directory before installing StarlogV4.
- Install StarlogV4 to C:\StarlogV4. Do not use the default directory offered by the installer.
- Run C:\StarlogV4\INC.EXE to extract the StarlogV4 libraries
- Open StarlogV4 and everything should now function correctly.
Note: DOSBOX_0.74.reg will need to be edited if you ever use a newer version of DOSBOX in the future as it is currently setup for DOSBOX version 0.74 only.
Recorder has now been superseeded and is now included in StarlogV4.
Starflow Interrogation Program (Source & Executable)
StarflowInterrogation.exe (written in VB6)
A real time display of data being received from a Starflow. The source code and executable can be obtained by downloading starflowdsp.zip. The program uses the MSComm control to communicate with the Starflow.
SDI-12 Extender Hyper Terminal program
The SDI-12 Extender modules are configured through the SDI-12 port using extended commands. Any tool that supported sending extended SDI-12 commands and receiving multi line responses is suitable for configuring the SDI-12 Extenders. Unidata recommend using the HTerm program, as it is readily configured for use with SDI-12 devices, and supports multi line responses.
Download and extract the zip file HTermSDI12cfg.zip to a convenient directory. Start HTerm.exe From the File menu select Load Config… Select the SDI-12.cfg file and then press Open.
HTerm originates from http://www.der-hammer.info/terminal/hterm.zip Unidata have added the SDI-12.cfg file to their zip file.